- Programmes Offered
- Our Vision
- Our Mission
- Program Educationsl Objectives( PEOS)
Civil Engineering Department was established in the year 2007 with an intake of 60 in Bachelor of Technology. The intake was enhanced to 120 in 2009. The Civil Engineering Department has well qualified and experienced faculty in various specialized areas of Civil Engineering like Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, and Environmental Engineering etc. The department has fully established laboratories with latest equipment. The department has also taken up a step forward in the field of consultancy which is the greatest strength of the department and every faculty member is involved in it according to their field of interest. Consultancy Services are being offered both in design and testing of various Construction materials such as cubes, steel etc and on average earning revenue of Rs. 10 lakhs per annum. The department is always focused on to provide practical oriented teaching as a part of university curriculum which we make sure to expose students to various construction sites, like summer internship programs and field visits in association with government and private sectors. Civil Engineering department is looking forward to provide quality education to the students and make the better place for value based learning.
Association activities are held by department to bring up the best out of students and prepare them to communicate well and perform activities like cultural, technical paper presentations, current affairs, latest technologies etc. It involves interaction between juniors and seniors in a healthy environment.
Civil Engineering Department has been conducting different activities for faculty and students such as Faculty Development Programs, Workshops, Seminars, Guest Lectures and Training programs on new technologies for the benefit of Civil Engineering students. The Department also encourages the students to participate in different events such as paper presentations, poster presentations, model making, quizzes and cultural activities conducted by other colleges. Department of Civil Engineering also arranges Industrial Visits and local field trips. Department made arrangements to send the students for internship programs to acquire practical knowledge which is more useful for their carrier.
|B.Tech( Electrical and Electronics Engineering )||60|
Faculty Name : Dr M Sathis Kumar
Faculty Name : Mr.S Nageswara Rao
Faculty Name : Mr.K Satyanarayana
Faculty Name : Mrs.P Bhavana
Faculty Name : Mrs.T V Maha Lakshmi
Faculty Name : Mr.N E Keerthi Chandra
Faculty Name : Mrs.B Indraja
Faculty Name : Mr.T Venkateswara Rao
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
To prepare the students to excel in imbibing the concepts of higher education
•To impart the basic science and mathematical foundations, as also the principles and technological advancements made in Electrical and Electronics Engineering allied fields
To persuade the students to design electrical, electronics and computing systems those are innovative and socially acceptable
To provide broad knowledge in Electrical & Electronics and applying the same for core competence in wide areas of advance research industries such as NTPC, VTPS, NHPC, ECIL, SAIL etc.
o To motivate the students to exhibit professionalism, ethics, communication skills and team work.
o To motivate them to acclimatize the current trends through lifelong learning
o To motivate the students and faculty to do useful and application oriented research
EEE LABS DESCRIPTION
NETWORKS AND ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS LAB
This lab aims at familiarizing the students with the different theorems, laws, networks, circuits and to provide a clear concept with basic ideas related to electrical circuits RC, RL, LC, RLC. This lab also provides the platform for understanding the operation of DC and AC machines.
1) Verification of Thevenin's and Norton's Theorems
2) Verification of Superposition theorem and Maximum Power Transfer Theorem
3) Verification of Compensation Theorem
4) Verification of Reciprocity , Millmann's Theorems
5) Locus Diagrams of RL and RC Series Circuits
6) Series and Parallel Resonance
7) Determination of Self, Mutual Inductances and Coefficient of coupling
8) Z and Y Parameters
9) Transmission and hybrid parameters
10) Measurement of Active Power for Star and Delta connected balanced loads
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB
This laboratory imparts the knowledge about characteristics and behaviour of DC and AC Machines
1. Magnetization characteristics of DC shunt generator. Determination of critical field resistance and critical speed.
2. Load test on DC shunt generator. Determination of characteristics.
3. Brake test on DC shunt motor. Determination of performance curves.
4. Load test on DC compound generator. Determination of characteristics.
5. Hopkinson's test on DC shunt machines. Predetermination of efficiency.
6. Fields test on DC series machines. Determination of efficiency.
7. Swinburne's test and Predetermination of efficiencies as Generator and Motor
8. Speed control of DC shunt motor by Field and armature Control
9. Brake test on DC compound motor. Determination of performance curves.
10. Load test on DC series generator. Determination of characteristics.
11. Retardation test on DC shunt motor. Determination of losses
12. O.C. & S.C. Tests on Single phase Transformer
13 Sumpner's test on single phase transformers
14 Scott connection of transformers
15 No-load & Blocked rotor tests on three phase Induction motor
16 Regulation of a three -phase alternator by synchronous impedance & m.m.f. methods
17. V and Inverted V curves of a three-phase synchronous motor.
18 Equivalent Circuit of a single phase induction motor
19 Determination of Xd and Xq of a salient pole synchronous machine
ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS LAB
This lab aims at providing the basic concepts for measuring the different electrical parameters like resistance, capacitance, inductance, and unknown parameters to impart knowledge on the working of different types of measuring instruments.
CONTROL SYSTEMS LAB
This lab provides kits to study synchro transmitter receiver pair, P, PI, PID Controller, Lag, and Lead Compensator, PLC trainer kit etc.
1. Time response of Second order system
2. Characteristics of Synchros
3. Programmable logic controller - Study and verification of truth tables of logic gates, simple Boolean expressions and application of speed control of motor.
4. Effect of feedback on DC servo motor
5. Effect of P, PD, PI, PID Controller on a second order systems
6. Lag and lead compensation - Magnitude and phase plot
7. Transfer function of DC generator
8. Temperature controller using PID
POWER SYSTEMS LAB
This lab imparts knowledge about different types of relays, study of synchronous machines and transmission line simulator.
POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
This lab is used to study the characteristics of power switching devices, converters and speed control of electrical machines. This lab also provides the facility to study characteristics of different electronic circuits.
All kinds of power modules along with necessary firing circuits are available.
1. Characteristics of SCR
2. Characteristics of IGBT
3. Characteristics of DIAC
4. Characteristics of TRIAC
5. Characteristics of GTO
6. Study of Single - Phase Half and Fully controlled Bridge
7. Study of Single phase invertors using SCR's
10. Control the speed of a given single phase motor using SCR
11. Speed control of DC Motor using Chopper
12. Study of DIAC & TRIAC Lamp control
ELECTRICAL SIMULATION LAB
This lab provides different softwares like MATLAB, PS-PICE, PSCAD and Mi-power to analyze different applications.
Civil Engineering Department has been conducting different activities for faculty and students such As Faculty Development Programs, Workshops, Seminars, Guest Lectures and Training programs on new technologies for the benefit of Civil Engineering students. Department also encourages the students to participate in different events such as paper presentations, poster presentations, model making, quizzes and cultural activities conducted by other colleges. Department of Civil Engineering also arranges Industrial Visits and field trips. Department made arrangements to send the students for internship programs to acquire Practical knowledge which is more useful for their carrier.